Sunday, September 23, 2012

Won't You Shine, Shine On

You should listen to this song while you read this, because it's what inspired me to write this: Balmorhea by Marmalakes


I have this really incredible friend. She is framily, she is my roommate…. she is my friend. I am lucky to call her that. I think she would call me that, too.

I respect her. She is worthy of a lot of respect. She does this thing where she doesn't really give a fuck. I think sometimes she gives a fuck, at least on the inside, but it doesn't stop her. It doesn't stop her from putting herself out there, or defending what she believes in, or, one of my favorite things: it doesn't stop her from being hopeful.

You see, the world would not be as beautiful a place if she let it stop her. She creates, she loves, she lives. She REALLY does these things. It is so admirable. We should all do this more. I know so many incredible types.

She created this incredible video this summer. And, more than that, she gave it to the world so they could experience it. Doesn't that sound so scary? I mean, come on, how scary is the world. But, she did it. And people loved it. It changed them. The people, they talked about it. This is a big deal, my friends.

I really look up to her. She teaches me things. She comforts me. She gets me. She is my friend.

Mary Bryce is one of the greats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment