Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"In a technicolor dream"

The conversation I had with my body for about my entire life before senior year:

Me: Let me stay up late.
My body: No.
Me: I want to stay up late.
My body: No.
Me: Can I stay up late tonight? It's a Friday. I'm hanging out with some friends.
My body: Yes!
Me: Really?!
My body: No.
Me: I'll give you coffee!
My body: Don't care.
Me: This is ridiculous. It's my decision.
My body: In your dreams. Get it? Get it??
Me: I hate you.
My body: Fall asleep, idiot.

But, now, things are so different. Welcome to Senior Year/College-Prep, learning how to stay up late doing work until "it's so late, I can't even look at the clock anymore" or just having a good time with good friends. I'm happy to finally be here; there's something Alice in Wonderland-y about nighttime.

No comments:

Post a Comment