Wednesday, November 5, 2014

G'morning

I know that nighttime is lonely time. That after 8 pm, you are acutely aware that you are single.

But I’m finding mornings to actually be worse. Mornings are somehow both my most productive time and my achiest. Is that a word? Achiest? Achy-ist. I’m very productive at aching between get out of bed o’clock and breaking for lunch.

Days hold potential, which sounds obvious but little is truly obvious. And it’s intimidating to wake up and know that, “hey, I have to fill this potential ‘alone.’” That word, alone, so ominous. Which is silly, because alone is not actually a synonym for single.

By the end of day, by nighttime and after 8 pm, at least we have evidence that we can fill that potential without that other person. But in the morning, we still have to prove it to ourselves. And it’s achy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment