Saturday, November 1, 2014

October

It is hard to remind ourselves of the purpose of our pain
In the thick of it

Brunette turned blonde and I’m wondering
Where do we go from here

Romance is the framework by which it is obvious we believe in living in the moment
because we know every pairing fails except maybe one or two or even three.
You know what your odds are
but then you play anyway

Perhaps romance is also the best indication of our madness
And desperation to feel
Feel anything – love, jealousy, frustration, desire
Heartbreak

My friend told me that a friend told her that
There is a certain grace to having your heart broken

And I must say
It’s true

There is grace in forgiving yourself, in trusting yourself with
Well, hurting yourself.
Gracious masochism.

Somehow all worth it in the end
or so they are telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment