Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fall Semester

At the end of everything, I go through a period of reflection, as most people do. So, with the end of the first semester of junior year (and another semester closer to college!) I get to reflect on everything that has happened so far.
A lot has happened this semester. We juniors went through a lot of change, stress and drama (no matter how silly). Not to mention, the shaky start that came with the huge amount of unfamiliar responsibility set on our shoulders at the beginning of the year. Let's be honest, there is too much to reflect on and not enough time. But, the most important thing, to me, has definitely been how comfortable I have become... comfortable with myself, with my life, with my age, with my surroundings. I don't know why it happened, don't know what changed, what clicked, but it happened, and it's been great. Following this comfort was not ridicule or mocking from my peers, but connection. I found out that everyone is secretly weird, I am just more open about it, and once someone realized I was weird like them, we became friends. School was more fun, life was more interesting, and I was more happy! It's been a great semester. In addition to this, I have been able to watch a lot of other girls go through this sort of self-acceptance adventure. Call it whatever you want, normal, a miracle, an answer to my prayers. It's weird and it's cool and I've loved watching and being apart of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment