Friday, December 25, 2009

Oh, Nine!

(pardon my poor wording and grammar... it is late and I am tired, and yet, unable to sleep- the best and worst feeling in the world to me. In addition, this is very much me copying Molly... but hey. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I hear)

December 25th... The end is drawing near. Haha or should I say the beginning. Actually, it's neither. To me, it's a reminder that time continues to move forward. Scary, isn't it? Haha cliche cliche! But seriously. To every cliche there is some truth, mostly truth we don't want to hear... that's why we get to dismiss it as a cliche. But anyway, I'm rambling. So let's do what we all have a love/hate relationship with doing and look back at the past. Whether while smiling, grimacing or blushing- we do it, we love it, we hate it, but all in all, we learn from it.

So Molls style, I'll do it in list form

Reasons why 2009 was great:
Drivers license
Choir Camp
Spring Break girl scout trip- Big Bend
Yearbook/Molly McConn :)
Happiness
Self-acceptance
Lifegroups
New friends... Friends MY OWN AGE.
California trip/moving Westmont to the top of the list
Realizing clothing can be a form of expression
Learning I love to write
God speaking to me in ways I thought impossible
Getting close to my brother/Ryan starting high school!
The arrival of William Lukefahr, the coolest baby in the whole wide world.
The discovery of stumbleupon.com
Quidditch club
Realizing my obsession with good/moving/thought-provoking quotes
Living with Kayla and the Stewarts for two weeks
Trying new things
Fantastic music

My favorite thing of the year however has definitely been watching everyone, including myself, grow this year, junior year. Whatever way it was, everybody did it, and it's been beautiful to watch and take part in.


Now... not so great things of 2009
Allison Aubrecht being taken away
Junior year school stress
The wasting of time in classes where you don't do anything
Carolyn's job changing
Kayla going off to college, although she is so happy so I guess it's not so bad at all!
The destruction of my home on the flood day
Forgotten memories fighting their way into my dreams
The fading away of old friends
Those moments when you ask yourself, "what the heck am I doing?"
SAT/ACT

And the top songs of my year would be... (not in any particular order)
Seventeen Years- Ratatat (no lyrics but still tells one of the best stories ever told)
Times- Tenth Avenue North (a letter from the Ol' Man)
Walking On Air- Kerli ("is this that creepy song?")
Divine Romance- Phil Wickham (don't remember where I heard this first but I love it)
The Story I Heard- Blind Pilot (perfect for the "what the heck are you doing?" moments)
Summertime Clothes- Animal Collective (trippy)
Werewolf- CoCo Rosie (breaks my heart. One of those songs that you can interpret it to fit you)
Mess You Up- Sheanderthal (AGH CALIFORNIA)
Can't Get It Right Today- Joe Purdy (story of my life)
Sleepyhead- Passion Pit (my second favorite song)
But For You Who Fear My Name- Welcome Wagon (actually good Jesus music)
Only The Good Die Young- Billy Joel ("just facts.")
Somebody To Love- Glee version (Claire Hogan is my somebody to love)
Colors of the Wind- Pocahontas (Disney songs always have deep underlying meanings)
First Day of My Life-Bright Eyes (cutest love song)
Home- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes (I will be playing this song when I come home after I leave senior year)
Break Me Out- The Rescues (run.away.)
Congratulations- Blue October and Imogen Heap (just a dang good song)
Running Up That Hill- Placebo (Christ)
I'm Going Away- Meg and Dia (self explanatory)

Have a Danging Good New Year everybody

1 comment: