Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm Looking for a Dead End Song

Before today, I never fully understood the concept of forgiveness. I always found it beautiful, but I never understood how it worked; it's just not logical. That's not to say that it was hard for me to forgive someone, it really wasn't, but I just never understood how our hearts and minds allowed for forgiveness. 

So, I think I've figured out what forgiveness means to me. Earlier tonight, I was thinking about a stupid (though it wasn't at the time) fight between the lil' headitors (Dani, Claire and I! We finished the Yearbook tonight! I'm so proud of the 3 of us!) and our teacher, and while the reasons I was so mad (love ya, Harty) are completely valid, I couldn't bring myself to care anymore. Why? Because my love for her completely outweighs anything negative I felt during that fight.

To me, forgiveness is when your love for someone infinitely outweighs any anger, hurt, resentment or anything of the sort. It's the moment where those negative feelings become work, and you're just happy they're around. I don't think you can work towards forgiving someone, I think it happens naturally when you fall back in love with them.

Anyway, just a random thought. I'll probably be editing that idea once I gain some more perspective. You know what I won't be editing, though? The Reata 2010-2011. Because it's finally over.

1 comment:

  1. I read in a book once that forgiveness is always through God, and since God is love, I'm thinking you are exactly right! :)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete