Wednesday, March 2, 2011

So You Can Sing This Song

So, my good friend Danika showed me that Blogspot now let's you have Pages! I copied her (she made a bunch of art pages) by making one about the pictures I've been taking this year for my Photography class. It's the tab under the blog title called "My Attempt at Photography." All year I've been slaving away to get some sort of grasp on the art of photography and even though my work is still laughable, I cringe a little less at my photos now! I wanted to add some flair to this blog here of mine so I'll post some of my favorite pictures of the ones I've taken so far.

Something I've learned about Photography this year is how it actually is an art form. While I always appreciated a good picture, I had a hard time grasping the concept of a photographer as an artist... but now, I get it more. It's not about being able to push a button or change the settings on a camera; it's about being able to create a world within the frame of photograph, much like a painter creates another world upon a canvas.

Anyway, taking pictures is super fun and a wonderful way for me to take a step out of my own reality. Take a look for some amusement.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pics! I never got to see the ones you took with the crazy make-up.. I wanna see the rest! I like the plaid one like you do. Oh and the tree a lot! And the hair.

    ReplyDelete