Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cesky and Murphy (my two favorite things)

I realize it's been a few days, but a siege of first world problems has overtaken my life. Let me complain to you for a moment, will you? First off, I'm sick as heck. Before you pity me, which I hope you do, you should be mad at me. Who gets sick on the first day of Europe trip and ignores it for 2 or 3 weeks? Idiots. And me. Second major tragedy: my computer is dead. It's a goner. I was watching a film during a pity party, and all of a sudden, I heard a sound like a light bulb going out and then my screen went black and then I smelled the delicious smell of burning plastic. Woe is me, woe is me. Now that I've explained myself (whined), let's get down to business. I am having a wonderful time. My flight back home to Houston is in a week from tomorrow, and I can hardly believe it's all ending so quickly. I am so sad! But, I can't wait to see the mama and the papa and the Ryry and the friends and Chago. And breakfast tacos. And Barton Springs. And APA. I'll stop.

Mini-photo stories! Here they come.

Last week, we spent three days in Cesky Krumlov. Cesky Krumlov is where I think heaven is. I probably already said this on my silly academic blog, but it's a magical place where there is a castle, chummy townspeople and yummy, yummy food. Think Beauty and the Beast but, you know, better.
I have a knack for finding parks.


The castle had a moat of live bears. In the castle, there are bear rugs made of the moat bears. All died of natural causes. 



Great basil martinis. It is kind of an unofficial tradition for the Doc Photog Maymester group to get them when in Cesky.

I mean, I just had to. He's so dang cute.

Me dying in the art museum after the pubic hair exhibit. As in, a woman made all these drawings that seem to be pencil drawings, but she really just arranged her pubic hairs on a canvas a bunch of times.

The best thing that ever was, the mirror maze. As mentioned on the other blog, a bunch of classmates and I went into this maze with Dennis, his wife and two children. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I laughed, cried and lost my mind. I mean that.

This was really common. Maybe an art exhibit. I'm not sure, but it was weird. Not as weird as pubic hair art though.





After Cesky, I took a few days to relax and take it easy. Unfortunately this means I barely took any photos, something I am now regretting. HOWEVER, a wonderful thing did happen on Saturday at 2:01 pm. MURPHY CAME TO VISIT ME FROM BERLIN! It was a most wonderful thing. Her visit was not nearly long enough, but we got in some quality time. Here's a photo to prove it!
   
Ain't she grand?

I will do better at that photo thing I'm supposed to be doing here and will leave you with this,


More soon, I hope. Thank you to my parents for this trip!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment