Monday, June 10, 2013

Half-Way Mark


So, my trip is already halfway over. This is so sad to me! I feel like it's been a wonderful and fulfilling two weeks, but I want more, more, more. I know that "more, more, more" is certainly what I'm going to get what with our packed schedule, but still, I am just getting comfortable here. Alas, the second half will be even better than the first.

Here are my photo mini-stories. I am finding they're the most fun way to tell you about my trip.

Cafe Louvre is a favorite amongst my classmates. Apparently, famous folk like Kafka and Einstein came here, but we just like it because the food is relatively cheap, they speak English and it's pretty delicious.

How I want my retirement to look like.

Wrote a blog post on this on my other blog. The photo speaks for itself.

You guys. The parks must be my favorite thing here. They are, and I mean this literally, almost magical. I feel like I'm in a fairytale when I walk through them. They are gorgeous and forest-like and incredible. There are these cottonwood trees or something that are...what? Shedding? This means it looks like it's snowing, and everyone is out and about and happy with their beer and children and families and rollerblades and kissing and friends and dogs and basically all things that make the world an easier place to live in.

Good god, the dogs here are so weird. I mean, they're normal, but they're extremely well-behaved. Maybe it's because I work at a shelter, but it's very, very weird to me. I mean, it's great, but it's strange. They walk off leashes and don't jump on you when you walk by or bark at other dogs.... It's so weird. But it gives me hope for training a dog in the future when I have two Great Danes.
Our walk to class sort of through the park. Very different than UT...

Another park scene
So, that's my favorite stuff that I've been up to. MISS YOU ALL.

Thanks to my parents for this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment