Saturday, March 20, 2010

tired

I have school and activities and responsibilities and expectations and a future to worry about and I'm tired. I'm not complaining about it, I'm not having a melt-down or a panic attack; I'm just saying that I'm tired. But what is going to change? There is nothing I can do to make it, what is demanded from me, any different. And ignoring it definitely is not going to help, that will only make things worse. Even when I'm given a week long break to relax, the world shoves college visits and financial aid discussions and pressure to fit in some bonus community service hours down my throat. A vacation trip to Austin is an underlying attempt by my parents to make me consider UT; is this what "relaxation" means now? I know I have the easy life, and I'm not self-pitying; I am lucky, beyond lucky. I am not complaining, not even stressed or in need of a hug. I'm just sighing and brushing the hair out of my eyes, a little melancholy and pensive, and tired. Always tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment