Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Dig on Communication

I've learned something about communication while here experiencing life as a mute thanks to my inability to speak the language. It's something that's obvious, nothing profound, but I was still interested by it none-the-less. I've found that guys tend to communicate and bond over physical things like sports while girls communicate through talking. Although this is no scientific conclusion drawn from an intense and long experiment, in my experience here it's been a general truth. My cousins here are all boys and there's always an awkward moment we have to get over when we first see them. While I was not able to deal with it through talking, the minute my brother broke out the basketball, everything was fine. Thank God he exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment