Sunday, June 27, 2010

Oh, Africa

For whatever reason, Africa has been a recurring theme in my life this month. It's actually getting a little bit weird. Between Claire and Ms. Hartman's trip to Tanzania, Ellee (and Sam)'s desire to go and help Africa, the tragedy that happened in South Africa involving a boy from Memorial, the world cup in South Africa, a possible visit to Egypt while we're here in Syria, my father's business work in Libya, two books I picked out that, without me knowing, involve Nigeria, Uganda, Ethiopia and Sudan, and my current studies of the Lost Boys and Sudanese Civil Wars, (and other things that I can't remember at the moment) I've heard quite a bit about Africa... More than I ever have before in my life by a landslide. So tell me, sweet Africa, what is it you want from me? I'd love to know. Maybe Clairista can tell me when she returns; I miss her so.

No comments:

Post a Comment