Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Welcome to the Neighborhood"



Today was an interesting day in my neighborhood in that we got some new neighbors! In an effort to be a kind neighbor, my dad decided we needed to make cookies for them. Here is the note I wish I had the guts to attach. It's silly enough to be slightly embarrassing :)

It is with these crispy cookies,
although maybe a little too crispy, but don't judge us based on that,
that we issue you a “Welcome!”
That goes great with milk, might I add

Don't be intimidated by us,
we are your typical “over-friendly neighborhood”
And though we do love each other in that tight-knit group kind of way,
we also have a thing for new people

To neighborhood cook-outs
and holiday block parties,
offering a lot of laughs
(and a mean bowl of gumbo at that),
we welcome you

No comments:

Post a Comment