Monday, July 11, 2011

And You Know That When The Truth Is Told...

Yesterday (sorry... I fell asleep before reporting about our day!) was our day for Versailles. It started out at an early 8:30 and after a small breakfast of either nutella and bread or croissants, we were on our way. The metro there was a 30 minute ride and I didn't get hit by the door at all! I was very careful about it. As we decided that we were ready for a snack/meal, McDonalds, Starbucks and a little Parisian cafe came into sight. Ale, Erika and I chose McDonalds and the other three went for Starbucks. The McDonalds.... Well OMG. I hate to be the girl that's excited about the McDonalds, but it's really not my fault... Erika and Ale's excitement was contagious. It was huge and fancy and had a little McCafe and I laughed and laughed at all of that. We got some food and headed over to Starbucks to meet with the others, but (awkward) they were about to get food from the little restaurant so we were those people eating McDonalds at Starbucks sans Starbucks. Then, awkwardest of all, we got kicked out of the restaurant (after we were done) because we didn't order anything even though we were sitting with people who ordered something. In a huff, the three of us sat on the bus stop bench and had some entertaining conversation.

Fed and ready, we made our way over to Versailles. The lines were crazy long. And, yes, I said lines. There was a huge line to buy tickets and another to actually get in, but we made it go buy fast being the interesting and amusing girls that we are. While in a deep discussion with Ale regarding crazy Arab women parties, there was a commotion among the other 4 girls. We quickly found out that a bird had pooped in Erika's hair. I'm sure you're not surprised to hear that I (and Ale) burst into laughter like immature bullies. It was hilarious. About 20 seconds after all of this, a women who worked there warned us about birds pooping on people who stood where we were. Bahahahaha. Anyway, Erika was a good sport about it all and we cleaned her up. I was happy to find out that she was not mad about us laughing at her. We got through both lines and were finally allowed into the awesome (and I mean that in the "inspiring awe" sense) place that is Chateau de Versailles. The walk through was both fascinating and entertaining. Fascinating because, just as a friend back home told me, it really made history come alive. It was crazy huge and bled wealth and extravagance. I mean, of course it did, but I never could've imagined to what extent. Anyway, I enjoyed that aspect of it. Entertainment-wise, well, let's see. There was the little boy who, despite his mother's screams and the metal chain, decided he was tired and just took a seat on one of the chair's in the king's sitting room. When his mother's yells reached a new level of desperation, he became a rebel and ran across the room, slammed his hand on the organ and ran back to his mother. That's a story they'll be telling for a long time. Then, there were the mobs and mobs of foreigners all clutching those audio guides as if they were whispering the secrets of life. At one point, Erika was completely surrounded by a group and couldn't move. I died laughing. I got really excited when we found a mob of my people, the Arabs. Last but not least, Ale accidentally tripped a man and he flew and caught himself right before falling flat on his face. He immediately turned around and glared at at the place where he tripped and then stomped off. I didn't start laughing (I'm not that horrible!) until Ale confessed to it being her fault. We made sure to make stop at the gift shop before returning to the apartment to nap.... We were exhausted!


For dinner, we stayed in and made pasta with tomato and basil sauce. Then, for dessert, we went on a search for creme brulee and chocolate cake! At the last minute, we decided not to stray far and randomly chose a place. Luckily, it was amazing! I was so excited and, on top of that, Amber really liked creme brulee after trying it for the first time. The cake-eaters were pleased as well and it all turned out to be a successful outing after a long, tiresome but great day.

Claire and Trent, it was so lovely to skype with you.

Song of the day (a classic haha)- Bass Down Low by The Cataracs

No comments:

Post a Comment