Wednesday, July 13, 2011

You Got So Much To Do And Only So Many Hours In A Day

Our top priority today was preparing for the Harry Potter 7P2 midnight premiere! Erika, Laura and I went on a search first thing this morning for the cinema so we could buy tickets for everyone. Eventually, we figured out that the cinema was in the mall. Yep, there also happens to be a mall within a 30 second walk of the apartment. Get this, there's ANOTHER H&M in it and it's huge. I died. Anyway, the mall appeared to be teeny from the outside but was GINORMOUS. It went on and on and had a library and a swimming pool and so many awfully named stores (who names a shoe store SHOESTORE? Was it so hard to come up with something even mildly creative? Do you think you're being creative by not putting a space between the most straightforward description of your store? What if I interpret it as SHOES TORE? That's really bad advertising.) and some great gelato. We eventually bought the tickets and the whole trip was interesting, amusing and a success!

Kelly has had her eye on this art gallery so, after a delicious brunch of twice baked potatoes (thank you, Amber), we went! It was really small and sadly only featured one of the pieces Kelly wanted to see, but someone who worked there gave her some advice regarding places in Paris to see street art. In the meantime, I decided I was thirsty so Ale and I left and walked down the street to get a water bottle. We ended up stumbling into this little garden area outside of some apartments that was quaint and beautiful. Everything here is beautiful and unique and a piece of art, even the people. It fascinates me. In Houston, things look practical and efficient and, at their best, pristine and modern. Here, however, lies history and careful creation and everything from small bridges to huge churches is grand and dazzling. It blows my mind that people live here, grow up here. Haha I hope that makes some sense! Anyway, we returned to the group but not before passing some people bouncing on HUGE rubber tubes (as in, floating n the river tubes) big enough for a smart car. Not exaggerating.

It was decided that time for shopping Part 2 (Part 3 for me) had come, so Laura, Kell and I got right on top of it. It was fun. We went into some unique, quirky stores and the best part of it all was the sales. Not to much say on that that I haven't said already!

Of course, after a day of exploring, analyzing, stumbling upon and a lot of shopping, we were ready for dinner. My dad had recommended this restaurant and sent me off to Paris with the address in hand. The trip there was, like most of the things we do, comical. It was at a time when the metro was completely packed, so you can imagine what it was like when the whole thing came to a slamming, unexpected halt in the middle of tunnel. The (best) most unfortunate incident was when this poor woman fell on this poor girl in a way that placed one of her flailing hands directly onto the girl's chest. The girl looked violated but was trying to hide it, the woman looked mortified, Kelly and I looked like we would die from laughter. I swear up and down that I do not usually laugh at things like people walking into poles or molestation, but I cannot help it for whatever reason! The metro picked up and the rest of the long trip there was rather uneventful. The restaurant was really cute and, get this, had English menus. Half of us looked at a chalk board and ordered the filet mignon and the other half off of the menu and ordered the pork tenderloin. Surprise! Same thing. We're just idiots. Ale and I also ordered this tomato and basil mousse which was odd (duh), but I'm glad I got it... It was something new and interesting! For dessert, we had the best dessert we've had thus far. It was amazing. We got two things (and multiples of each): creme brulee and chocolate cake with chocolate lava on the inside. The creme brulee was the best I have ever had in my life, so you know it was good. By the time we all walked out, our stomachs were aching with being too full and it was time for HP7P2.

The movie was great, probably my favorite, but we'll discuss that later. The other Harry Potter fans in the group agreed and Amber used her wand to keep us safe on the 30 second walk back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment