Thursday, July 7, 2011

But Then If You're So Smart, Tell Me Why Are You Still So Afraid?

After being delayed about an hour (sorry for about 293847397 goodbye texts), we began our nine hour flight. It was.... rather uneventful. I did that thing about 40 times where you don't think you fell asleep because it was so light and horrible, but time has passed, so it must've happened. There were two magical little babies that provided much entertainment for Amber and I for they were cute and lovely. Finally, we arrived. The airport was more like a funhouse filled with odd ways of transporting people. Instead of escalators, they had these terrifying electric ski slope-esque things that made you almost fall. THEN, they had this giant center room area filled with all these tubes that we went in to get across the airport. I took pictures.

Finally, we got to baggage claim. Let me tell you, there is nothing like a foreign country to humble you. I am not a shy person nor do I lack confidence (sometimes too much confidence, I'm sure), but I became a soft-spoken, hesistant person here.

Then, Kelly got coffee and a treat. I broke out my cliff bar. Just so you know, Trent, it was delicious. 

The ride was long, but entertaining. Amber was mistaken for a moment and saw a speed limit sign saying 90, got very nervous that we were going to speed to the death, and then remembered the whole kilometers thing. It was amusing. There was a small incident on the way. The question involving the incident is, "did we hit the biker or did the biker hit us?" He was fine, but there was some yelling.

While waiting for Erika and Ale to come back from their French class, Amber posed an iteresting and terrifying question, "Wouldn't it be funny if this whole time they were in Paris, TX and we came here and got stuck here?!" Funny indeed. There was another incident in which I loudly yelled the apartment address number to Kelly and was overheard by a creeps Parisian man. We immediately assumed we were about to get "Taken," only to realize that we weren't being very subtle American girls to begin with. We've survived thus far.

Now, after a nice lunch, I'm off to nap and then we will go celebrate Amber's 18th birthday! Happy birthday, Amber!

P.S. Claire, buy your AWOLNATION tickets.

A favorite plane tune: All I Need by Awolnation

No comments:

Post a Comment