Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happee

I am sitting here with a sweet kitten on my lap, listening to music that devours loneliness in a beautiful home and life that is more than anything I deserve, and I had to say something that attested to my fortune and happiness. I often feel this feeling after I write a ranty, self-righteous post like the one I wrote below. I am debating deleting it, but I am also trying to teach myself to stick up for what I believe in. I am a strange creature of juxtaposition -- the confused child of People Pleasing and Passion That Makes Me Over-Opinionated.

Anyway.

Let me start by saying I love kittens. I have gotten to know 3 kittens this summer (and one more hopefully) thanks to the foster program at the SPCA, and boy do I love kittens now. They are just so charming. And tiny. Fostering has let me practice Love and Falling In Love. I get to know them, take care of them and raise them a little bit and we practice loving each other. Oh gosh, it's just so great.

I love art, particularly written art. I am not sure why I love art. I think I love it because it makes me feel less alone and it inspires me. Also, art is like taking a shower. Or spraying Febreeze which I also appreciate very much. Every bit of new art (that I like) is refreshing. Like this... it's about raspberries:

she was the hollow part
where all the little seeds
came together to make one big fruit.
she was the five innocent raspberries
on his five little fingers.
-Jordan Greenberg


How great is Austin, TX?

One time a stranger told my friend that she didn't appreciate sadness. I know it was more complicated than that, but I still kind of hate The Stranger. That friend is one of my definitions of happiness (I have many including kittens, cookies, and love), and she brightens up rooms, situations, life etc. I appreciate how much my friend appreciates happiness. She is a role model because she appreciates and does" happiness" better than anyone I know. Happiness is great. It's like fuel. Like my dear friend, let's never take for granted happiness.

Have a happy, happy weekend, dears. 

1 comment:

  1. I WANT THAT KITTIE IN MY LAP.

    you always have such unique perspectives. by the way, in my most recent post, you too embody all the characteristics but def are at the top of the coffee shop list. love ya miss ya call me (maybe)

    ReplyDelete