Monday, July 19, 2010

Arkansas

Barefoot on a Summer Night.

Yes, it's a been awhile since I went to Arkansas, but it is definitely worth writing about none-the-less. We arrived after a long drive from Missouri and headed on over to our adorable inn. It used to be some sort of school or maybe a girls dorm or something but it was a beautiful house/building type thing and best of all, it was apparently haunted. While we did not have to do any ghost busting, I did have a fit trying to take a shower with the curtain open because I was as scared as five-year-old would've been. Sorry, Claire and Mrs. Hogan... the fault for the water all over the bathroom floor is my own. At least I survived! Anyway, we had heard that it was haunted earlier that evening at dinner when we met up with Mrs. Hogan's friend, Justin. Justin is a professor at U of A, which we toured the next day, and teaches an anthropology class. Justin was AWESOME. He thought it was really neat that Claire and I are best friends and do the yearbook thing together and yet are really different. He also was able to help me sort through the socio-anthro-psycho mess that I've been trying to figure out. The following day, we visited U of A like I previously mentioned and it was fun walk around campus and after that, eating and shopping, we headed out to El Dorado, Claire's hometown.
I absolutely loved seeing El Dorado because I got to see a whole other side of Claire's life, one that is is so special to her. The town is adorable and so full of character and the scenery is absolutely beautiful. After getting settled in (and playing Christmas songs on the piano, but that's another story), we met up with Claire's friend Kat and spent the rest of the night with her doing all sorts of interesting, funny things. Kat seemed really cool and I can see why Claire likes her. Over all, it was a great time. I cannot express how neat it was for me to have Claire share that aspect of her life and how happy it made me!

No comments:

Post a Comment