Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Last of Syria

Alabama, Arkansas, I do love my ma and pa.

Here is a chunk of my journal entry about my thoughts on the 2010 trip to Syria-

There is comfort in night, in mealtimes with other people, in understanding, in community, in laughter, in common interests, in music, in harmless mischief, in family. Family. How strange it is to have a family. People I would not otherwise have known had I not been related to them. I honestly see family as a group of random people bonded together no matter what. And I've come to believe that through the practice of Family (being forced to love a random group of people) we learn to take the time to find the lovable qualities in anyone, the way we had to with our family. Huh. What wonderful people, these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment