Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ohio

Well, hot and heavy, pumpkin pie.


I am now (well, not anymore...) in Ohio visiting my dad's parents, Grandma and Grandpa Baumgartner. My grandmother lives in Bryan and my grandfather lives on a farm by Archbold, both places are in the tippy-top northwest corner of Ohio. Like the countryside we drove through last week, the scenery here is beautiful and the weather is usually pretty great even though right now, it's unusually hot. The farm has been in my family since 1982 and I've always loved coming and relaxing and exploring the barn. While the farm is nice and quiet, Bryan is.... well, it's also nice and quiet considering it's a really tiny town. The movie theatre plays 2 or 3 movies and there's a courthouse that you can see from basically anywhere in town. Both places are so relaxing in their own way. Oh, Ohio, you are such a wonderful Pause button on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment