Sunday, July 25, 2010

Brown: Day 1

Today I arrived at Brown in Providence, Rhode Island for my 2 weeks in the Summer@Brown program. I have a single and am in a triple suite with two really sweet girls. My floor is a good group as is my whole dorm. There are girls here from London (she's actually FROM Italy though and got really offended when someone said Nutella was French... It's Italian apparently), New York, India, Turkey, Minnesota.... everywhere! I, however, always mumble "Texas" whenever I say where I'm from and rightfully so because today I was asked if I had a gun license. A GUN LICENSE. I've embarrassingly said y'all like 135723958797 times today but that's okay, it was "cute" apparently. While today was about socializing and getting moved in (I NEED TO BUY A FAN. It's hotter than Texas because there's no AC), tomorrow I start classes! Yay! I'm taking the Special Topics in Developmental Psychology: Socio-emotional Development in Children and Adolescents class. I cannot WAIT to go and learn and talk to my professor and be a little (pre-)college kid. I will have homework (which I'm actually excited about) but will NOT be doing it in my closet-sized, sweltering hot dorm room. My room is something to laugh about. It is in the corner on the very top floor (I, being the diva that I am, packed 2 HUGE suitcases and now will have to carry them down by myself on the last day) and has some serious wall issues. I won't elaborate because I'm trying to cut down on the whining that I do (you can thank me later) but I've, of course, included a picture for your entertainment!

It's a joke but I love it anyway! Yay college.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A CUTE LITTLE COLLEGE GIRL! It's so quaint I like it! I wish I was there. I'm glad your roomies are nice. I'm sure they're emailing their fam back home saying that they've met the coolest girl from Texas. Hahahha a gun license that's a new one. If I ever saw a gun in your hand, I'd simply laugh. Have fun at your class tomorrow bia bia!

    ReplyDelete